Sunday, September 6, 2009

covering them






This last week I've been doing lots of experiments with the surfaces around these boxes. I have my usual array of
newsprint with markings in ink and paint - many are words and other marks - varying scale and
texture - some acrylic spray paint in the mix. I have been collecting process color from mailers, advertising inserts in the paper, magazine ads - I have sheets of red, yellow, green, orange, blue. It takes a long time to make a sheet, because I am trying to obscure too much readable content - lots of layering and cutting up.
So now I am exploring where to use this color - some things work, others don't. Sometimes I completely cover a form again. Here are a few examples - most are 12" high or smaller. Commodity sized, I call them.

No comments: